Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Clouds like silk in the sky






Photos by me.
The only editing was a mild contrast adjustment on the second photo.
I mentioned in my last post that I did some shoots with the lovely Jazz (who dresses up as 'Alice' in this post.) Well, lo and behold: the first shoot!

Most of the photos that we took are of us laughing at ourselves when we felt awkward about serious poses. There were also many laughs when we quoted Monty Python and scenes from 'The Quest for the Holy Grail'. Jazz and I mused about the feeling of dressing up and walking through paddocks in heels, skilfully climbing under electric fencing and holding apart barbed wire fences for each other to climb through. She agreed that it was the best part of doing the shoots, as well as giving nearby cows quite the shock!

Jazz is such a wonderful subject, lovely company, incredibly clever and like a sister to me. There's a year's age difference between us, and she has been in my life since the day I was born. We don't get to see each other that often any more but we're still very close and are trying to make sure we get together more regularly. It's a bit of a trip in between our houses, and quite often my mum, sister and I will listen to just one album over and over in the car drive, and then play it again for Jazz and her mum. Introducing our latest discoveries such as Regina Spektor, Florence + the Machine, etc. Jazz's visit was only very brief, but we managed to squeeze in three shoots, as well as consuming large amounts of sugar, talking, and exploring the wonders of  my ever-growing collection of silk.Which brought us to the above ensemble.

I bought the blue silk bias-cut Victoria's Secret dress for $4 at a local charity shop a couple of months ago, it was new with tags that showed the price was originally $57 - what a find! It doesn't fit me around the hips but it was a perfect fit for Jazz, it's also a darker purplish colour but looks light blue in the photos - which I think ties well with the sky. Underneath is a vintage Christian Dior silk slip from a charity shop (in fact, the whole ensemble was comprised of charity shopped clothes - the dress, the slip, the vintage T-bars, and the vintage watch - all from various charity shops!)

We'd planned the shoot the night before, but I forgot to try on what I was going to wear, so I announced that it was just going to be a one-way shoot. But ended up wearing the 80s Alice-eqsue dress Jazz wore in a previous shoot, not for photos but for the enjoyment of wearing such a fancy dress for twirling about in a cow paddock.

This last photo is one that I just had to share, Jazz took it after I asked her to get some photos of me jumping, and this was my favourite. 

Alongside the dress, I'm wearing charity shopped vintage satin T-bars, and a vintage silk sash.

3 comments:

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Beautiful outfits! I love that colors of blue. =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Eryn said...

I love your dress!

fashionfledge.blogspot.ca

Elisabeth said...

Thank you so much for your nice comment! :) That brought me to your blog and now I'm just looking through your pictures, which are all so wonderful! :) Really like your blog, so I have to follow you :) There is really a wonderful atmosphere in your photos and I love what you wear :)

It's really wonderful to have such a close friend, you know since your birth ... I've also a friend, who is like a sister to me and I always feel like the time is much to short, when I'm with her! :D

Oh and I also love Florence + the Machine! :) Great voice :)

Elisabeth