Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

A photo summary of spring






                     









Once again I have been a neglectful blogger and haven't posted in almost three months. I almost missed posting during spring entirely, so I wanted to quickly share some spring photos I took.
All the photos of flowers are unedited, the other shots where taken while visiting my beautiful godsister, Jazz, at her new house. We just managed to snap the photos before it rained, so due to the gloomy light some of the photos needed a little editing.
She's wearing a gorgeous silky rayon Tree of Life dress which my mum picked up at a charity shop. The dress was also worn by my other sister, Ireland, in this post.

Jazz is such a brilliant photography subject and has appeared in many other posts: wearing an Alice in Wonderland-esque dress of my mum's here, posing in gorgeous silk layers here, donning a vintage summer dress and flower wreath here, enjoying a tea party in the afternoon light with me here and modelling a gorgeous sixties dress on a grey day here.

Hope to post more this summer!

6 comments:

mispapelicos said...

Beautiful photos, and lovely always you, dear Willow.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Flora Cruft said...

Ah Spring my favourite season! Your photos capture the magic perfectly dear Willow, really lovely shots to be savoured.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

You are a wonderful photographer, you've captured the essence of spring in these lovely shots:) x

Unknown said...

I'm sad you had such a long break, but those photos are stunning as always! Thank you for your lovely comment as well, they always put a smile on my face! I hope you're having a great day :)
x

Rosalind said...

I love the opposition of seasons whereby as we are sinking ever further into deep, dark winter, you are celebrating spring. It seems possible almost to inhale the spring light from your photos! I especially like image 3 with the dandelion seeds in Jazz's hair. I took an almost identical shot of my younger brother a few years back (when he was still unselfconscious enough to pose for me). Your capturing of the feeling of spring is inspiring.

OrigamiGirl said...

Looking at these photos when we are in the midst of darkness and cold is a bit like looking back in time. Remembering the warmth that we had earlier in the year. I haven't seen any flowers like that for a while. Beautiful to see. I especially like the first one.

I wanted to say thank you for your really thoughtful comment on my blog. It meant a lot to me. I really love your blog and think you're going to do great things with photography. I got the disappointment too. I always ignored people who leave the 'follow each other' comment because it doesn't seem very genuine, but then sometimes I wish I had because I thought maybe I've pushed interest away by wanted more from it. I agree that follower count just seems the way to measure success, and no one wants to be a failure. I am always trying to just be myself though.

I was also really touched that you said it was one of your favourite blogs. It really made my week reading that. Thank you.