Pages

Saturday 6 October 2012

Portraits of Ireland



Photos by me. Model is Ireland. Taken in early June this year. She is wearing vintage velvet gloves, vintage felt hat, and charity shopped top.
Portraits would have to be my favourite kind of photography (especially black and white portraits.) The first two photos above are photos that I'm really proud of, despite Ireland's demands of in colour full body photos, I was sneakily taking black and white portraits! And am so glad I did.
I am so fascinated with people's faces, and I love to explore that with photography. I'm also really interested in natural effects with light, shadowing and reflections. I recently did some shoots with the gorgeous Jazz (who modelled a beautiful vintage Alice-esque dress in front of the camera for me in this post) and have some photos from a couple of the shoots with some great effects from shadows and lighting. We did three shoots that will all be posted on this blog soon.
I'm really happy with how her hair catches the light in this photo, even if you can see the washing line in the background!



Photos of Ireland taken by me in a week or two ago.
These photos are ones featuring Ireland's new fringe/bangs. I had planned a sixties themed shoot (which I briefly mentioned in my last post) but it ended up getting too late (and my sister had to leave to go and stay with our grandma the next morning) so we only squeezed in a quick shoot with me wielding the camera and my lovely willing model smiling and posing with flowers.
Ireland is still away and has been gone for over a week now - the longest we've ever been without seeing each other. I think I have separation anxiety, I'm really missing this gorgeous girl! I'm sure we'll have a dramatic running-hug when she comes home tomorrow.

3 comments:

Eryn said...

These are gorgeous!!

fashionfledge.blogspot.com

OrigamiGirl said...

I love the hair in the light picture. I'm a complete sucker for firey hair. I used to dye mine red all the time because I wish it was for real.

Unknown said...

Love that hat! Gorgeous :)

You've got yourself a new follower!

Suzy x

www.theadventuresofsuzyandalex.blogspot.com