Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Horseback







Though blurry, I love this photo - and my sister's gorgeous smile.

My sister and I don’t often plan our shoots - and on the not-so-common occasion that the desire to have a photo shoot is mutual, we often sit and contemplate a theme - and what on earth we’re going to wear.
However, with this shoot Ireland had an idea that she introduced to me by saying: ‘well, I have this nice flowy dress, and a currently (reasonably) clean horse….’

We hadn’t done a photo shoot in about two weeks (hence me not posting for a while – that and slow Internet.) So barefoot, with long dresses and a sweet horse on a warm afternoon: perfect.

I am so happy with the photos I got of my sister, and am glad I got her to flip her hair in that first photo - it turned out to be brilliant (and some great posing on the horse's part, too.) The horse (Crystal) was nice and calm throughout the whole shoot, while we snapped shots, posed, and got covered in lovely brown and white horse hairs.

I've known Crystal since she was born (bred by my paternal grandfather) and we inherited her after he passed away. We can inherit some wonderful things from family members (also a lot of things I hear fondly talked about and wish that my grandma had have kept them) but Crystal was the best thing.

The white nightgown Ireland is wearing is from my grandma, and the dress I'm wearing is also from my grandma (although it was given to my mum to up-cycle, I just borrowed it.)

10 comments:

Fashion babel said...

yo.are.stunning.
love your blog.and photos!
following each other?yes no?
cheers!
yours truly, L.

http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

these photos are totally adorable and so dreamy. Thanks for stopping by my bog. I'm following you, your blog is awesome .

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your lovely comment. Wow, what for wonderful photos with the horses. I like!

STARBOX PRODUCTION said...

Just wow! Beautiful photos, nice horsie and really pretty faces :)

kiss me quick said...

wow, you look so pretty and inspiring ^^

just lovely!



xxx
kissmequick

Yuki Lusiana Eka said...

I love to see you with your polka dress, too cute!<3

bellionducky.

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Beautiful! I want to shoot on a horse so bad. =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

OrigamiGirl said...

Wow. There is something really magical about these photos. I feel like your sister should be some kind of celtic singer and these her album shots...


www.origamigirlheroics.blogspot.com

Rosalind said...

Glorious first shot: a magic moment of caught motion. What a great combination of light, location and mood in all the photos too, plus of course the three stunning beauties (2 sisters and Crystal the horse).

Flora Cruft said...

what wonderful photographs, like stepping into a dream... you both look stunning.